Preparing for Your Trip to Hawaii
- Hawaii is located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, Hawaii’i is served by most major airlines in Asia. Flight time from Asia is about 7 ~ 8 hours.
The main airport of entry is Daniel K. Inouye International Airport.
- Ground Transportation is located outside the exit after clearing U.S Immigrations and Customs. Exit through the door for “Individuals.” Taxi fare is about $30 (plus 10 ~ 15% tip) to the Waikiki area. More information for ground transportation service is available here.
- Participants are responsible for their own lodging. We recommend staying in Waikiki which is very accessible to the JABSOM campus. Participants interested in room-sharing during the workshop should indicate their interest when emailing their registration information. Interested participant’s email addresses will then be shared with all those interested.
A few helpful websites: www.gohawaii.com; www.hotels.com; www.kayak.com
- To call Hawaii from Asia, dial: +1 (US country code) and 808 (area code) for Hawaii, then 7-digit phone number.(e.g., +1-808-123-4567)
- Visit the Hawaii’i Visitors and Convention Bureau for travel information and a calendar of events.
Read the Travel Safety Brochure for tips on a safe and enjoyable travel experience throughout the Hawaiian Islands.
- Special Needs. The medical school and most hotels have facilities for the disabled, including wheelchair access and elevators. If you have any special requirements or dietary needs, pleast contact Ms. Kori-Jo Kochi via her email at email@example.com